Transition & Success Initiatives offers a variety of different student leader positions each year that support new students' and families' transitions. Below you can find more information on available positions and timelines for hiring.
Click the position title for a description of the position (if available).
Interested in a role not currently hiring? Fill out the Interest Form to receive updates when applications open!
SOAR (Student Orientation & Academic Resources)
- SOAR Student Coordinators - Hiring complete for 2022-2023
- Orientation Counselors- Applications have officially closed for the 2023 Orientation Team.
- Selection to be a member of UNC Charlotte’s Orientation Counselor team is an honor and a rewarding opportunity for both personal and professional growth. Each year we select a group of mature and dedicated undergraduate student leaders to assist with implementing the University’s orientation programs. During this memorable experience, Orientation Counselors (OCs) serve as peer educators, group facilitators, performers, resource persons, and role models to first-year students, transfer students, and their families and guests in their adjustment and transition to the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. OCs will learn and practice specific skills, exhibit problem-solving strategies, and implement a university-wide program.
- If you have any questions about the position or application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Gold Rush Student Coordinators - Application open now. Apply by November 4.
- Go to HIRE-A-NINER Job ID: 79049
- The Gold Rush Student Coordinator is a member of Transition & Success Initiatives. This position is committed to the planning, facilitation, and execution of the annual Gold Rush program that is sponsored by Transition & Success Initiatives and the University. The Gold Rush Student Coordinators (2 selected) will be the point people for the Gold Rush program as a whole, with duties that include planning Gold Rush, facilitating programs that are planned by campus departments and student organizations, and organizing Gold Rush so that it runs smoothly and efficiently, hiring, training, and supervising a team of Gold Rush Leaders, and other tasks that go into the overall planning of the program.
- 2022-2023 Gold Rush Student Coordinator Position Description
TRANSITION & SUCCESS INITIATIVES
- Family Programs Student Coordinators - Hiring complete for 2022-2023.
- Gold Rush Team Leaders - Check back in Spring 2023
Operations Student Coordinators - Hiring complete for 2022-2023.